Re: MySQL DoS ?

From: Pablo Luis Bucich (pbucicat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 15 1998 - 12:42:54 PDT

    Hi
            This problem is present too at Oracle Sql*Net v1 in Dynix platforms,
            but not in HPUX or SCO. At Dynix, the problem is OS related (out
            of streams of type 64k)
            If this helps in any form ...

    On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Phear Me wrote:
    > This appeared at the MySQL list:
    >         A simple test script that connects/disconnects in an endless
    >         loop makes the MySQL server freeze after approximately 1100
    >         iterations.
    >         Is this a bug or a security related feature? If the latter,
    >         can I turn it off somehow, as it prevents me from
    >         investigating a memory leak in the DBD::mysql's connect
    >         method.

     Ministerio de Economia y Obras y Servicios Publicos
     Secretaria de Hacienda                    Tel    : +54 1 349-6110
     Pablo Luis Bucich                         Fax    : +54 1 349-6505
     Buenos Aires, Argentina                   e-mail : pbucicat_private
    Windows 95: n. 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch
                to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit
                microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company.

    "Winners don't use Windows" -- Windows: Just Say No