Re: FreeBSD's RST validation

From: James Snow (snoat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 30 1998 - 18:22:26 PDT

    On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, Tristan Horn wrote:

    > In my limited testing (oddly enough, not many people would consent to
    > DoS), Solaris, OSF/1, Linux and Windows 98 appear to conform to RFC 793
    > in this regard.  I have not yet been able to check NetBSD, OpenBSD,
    > BSDI, etc.

    Be aware that this individual used this attack on my machine late last
    night, disconnecting all of my users without warning, and certainly
    without asking for permission. He then proceeded to defend his actions
    with extreme arrogance in a conversation with another admin. The log of
    that conversation is available if anyone is interested.

    He also did not, to my knowledge, report this to the FreeBSD team before
    posting this here.

    -James Snow