Re: buffer overflow in nslookup?

From: Willy TARREAU (tarreauat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 01:38:50 PDT

    > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    >
    > At first, this does not seem a problem: nslookup is not suid root or anything.
    > But several sites have cgi-scripts that call nslookup... tests show that these
    > will coredump when passed enough characters. Looks exploitable to me...

    It is, I've successfully got a shell using my old generic exploit, with 260
    bytes followed by a pointer to esp-400.

                                            Willy

    | Willy Tarreau - tarreauat_private - http://www-miaif.lip6.fr/willy/  |
    | System and Network Engineer - NOVECOM - http://novworld.novecom.fr/        |
    | Magistere d'Informatique Appliquee de l'Ile de France ( MIAIF ), Year 1997 |