Re: Buffer overflows in Minicom 1.80.1

From: Willy TARREAU (tarreauat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 00:21:03 PDT

    > I have found some buffer overflows in Minicom 1.80.1 which comes setuid
    > root with Slackware 3.5.  I known that were discussed some overflows in
    > other versions of minicom ( no setuid root) but i think it's "new" and
    > more dangerous.

    I've tested 1.75 which comes with RH5.0, and it also crashes when
    TERM='aaaa....aaa'. Note that it seems to be only setgid uucp, but it's
    vulnerable.

                                            Willy

    | Willy Tarreau - tarreauat_private - http://www-miaif.lip6.fr/willy/  |
    | System and Network Engineer - NOVECOM - http://novworld.novecom.fr/        |
    | Magistere d'Informatique Appliquee de l'Ile de France ( MIAIF ), Year 1997 |