Re: bug in minicom 1.75 ?

From: Scott Stone (sstoneat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 17:21:53 PDT

    On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, Koji wrote:

    > Hi all.
    >
    > I dont have notices about that publication, if it happens, im so sorry.
    > I have been testing some commands from the shell with minicom, getting
    > unexpected results. They proove with minicom 1.75.
    >
    > in debian 1.3.1 ...
    >
    > # minicom `perl -e 'print "0" x 100;'`
    > minicom: WARNING: configuration file not found, using defaults
    > minicom: cannot open /dev/cua1: No such file or directory
    >
    > # minicom `perl -e 'print "0" x 1000;'`
    > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    >

    > Thank very much and have a nice day

    This appears to be fixed in minicom 1.81.1 - at least, I can't exploit it
    on mine.  Although now that minicom uses alt- keys, I can't run it in an
    xterm anymore.. sigh.

    Scott M. Stone <sstoneat_private, sstoneat_private>
                   <sstoneat_private>
    Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
    Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)
    http://www.pht.com              http://armadillo.pht.co.jp
    http://www.pht.co.jp            http://www.turbolinux.com