Re: Bug in login

From: Jason Ackley (jasonat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 12:20:03 PDT

    On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Justin Priestley wrote:

    > Not sure if this is known yet.
    >

    >    I use FreeBSD and also work on BSDI. If a user has numbers on the end
    > of their passwd, this is not recognised. Add a user and telnet to your
    > machine. Make sure the passwd has numbers on the end.

     Unable to replicate on BSDI 3.1, how long was the password before the
    numbers started? What is the password length setting in /etc/login.conf?

    After the default setting of 8 chars, nothing matters, BSDI does support
    'widepasswords' of 128 chars though that you must enable in
    /etc/login.conf. See login.conf(5)

    --
    jason