Re: Back Orifice detection and removal

From: Pedro Bustamante (pbustamanteat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 03 1998 - 13:41:45 PDT

    Hello there,

    We've had a version of Panda Antivirus that detects and disinfects BO free
    for download from our website since a couple of days after BO was released.
     It's still there.  We're also working on a routine for BOSniffer, the one
    of the "supposed" BO cleaners out there.

    Cheers,

    Pedro Bustamante
    mailto:pbustamanteat_private

    Panda Software International
    580 Washington Street
    San Francisco, CA 94111
    Phone   (415)  392-5850
    Fax     (415)  392-6116

    "The only antivirus company in the world that provides you with technical
    support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and daily updates."
    http://www.pandasoftware.com

    One of my colleagues, Simon Smith, has written a Back Orifice detection
    and removal program called B.O.R.E.D (which stands for something less
    obscene than the working title...) and can be obtained from
    http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~sjs/bored/bored.html with a few
    explanations.