Re: IE can read local files

From: Steve Moyzis (smoyzisat_private)
Date: Sat Sep 05 1998 - 14:14:34 PDT

    For a really scary Demonstration of how this works, go to:

    http://onion-router.nrl.navy.mil/Tests.html

    This is a Department of Defense Web Site with a Server especially designed for
    this purpose.  It was able to read my e-mail address, my ISP, my local IP#,
    The city my ISP is located in, my Browser version and it was able to read
    my Autoexec.bat, among other files.  Follow all the links for a really good
    Demo
    (I don't know what the Model Railroad one is for, probably more Hack tests)

    Steve Moyzis  -- smoyzisat_private