AXENT ESM 4.5

From: Steve Jackson (sjacksonat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 25 1998 - 16:54:25 PDT

    Since this went to the entire list, I'll reply to the list for the benefit
    of all.

    Today, ESM 4.5 can be ordered through the normal AXENT Technologies product
    channels.  Currently AXENT account managers are located through out the
    world and can take your order for ESM version 4.5.  It has been shipping
    since March, 1998.

    AXENT products are rolled out to the majority of the Fortune 500 companies
    in the US and Worldwide, and those same companies rely heavily upon ESM
    being robust in order to provide proven products for general availability.
    The product goes through 3 major cycles: Beta, ESP and GA.  Currently 4.4 is
    the GA product and 4.5 is in the ESP phase (soon to be GA).  By going
    through a full production ESP cycle, then customers that desire the
    additional functionality can acquire the ESP product and those that want to
    wait for the GA release can do so.

    Steve Jackson