Re: 1+2=3, +++ATH0=Old school DoS

From: Daniel Hauck (xdesignat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 27 1998 - 23:24:03 PDT

    With all due respect to you and your prior efforts, I will also add that I
    tested the attack against a random channel on IRC and I downed about 33-40%
    of the victims tested against.

    In spite of what you are mentioning, it seems apparent that the folks at
    Rockwell did not purchase the patent...and Rockwell chipset modems are quite
    popular these days.  My own dialup modem was suseptable to the attack (ref:
    the pipebomb blew up in my face.) until I fixed that.  The stuff at work was
    also Rockwell based until I fixed it.  The results are surprisingly good.

    Though it's an old attack (from way back in the BBS days) it's still quite
    valid.

    --my 2 cents.