Re: linux 2.0.35 ip aliasing with aliased hwaddr

From: pedwardat_private
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 10:45:50 PDT

    The appropriate way to perform this is either:

     Set the new hwaddr in the card's filter list (most ethernet cards have a
            hardware packet filter, which filters ethernet frames based upon
            the hwaddr)

     Configure the card to do true MAC masquerading.  This is possible on a number
            of cards, however I believe the list is more limited than the one
            above.  Intel EEPro 10/100's will do MAC masquerading.

    --Perry

    --
    Perry Harrington        System Software Engineer    zelur xuniL  ()
    http://www.webcom.com  perry.harringtonat_private  Think Blue.  /\