Re: SCO Openserver 5.0.5 syn-floodable

From: Dave Van Allen (daveat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 20:51:39 PDT

    Eric,

    I've forwarded your message on to a few 'friend' addresses at SCO, just to
    try to help. I would suggest giving your re-seller or SCO support another
    ping on this before you give up.

    I can tell you with thorough knowledge, that SCO is extremely committed to
    safe-UNIX and reacts to reports of bugs and deficiencies when they are
    processed through the correct channels... which at times is not the most
    convenient way for folks like us.  I have recently suggested to them to pay
    closer attention to sources like bugtraq and I was pleased to know that they
    are here, and watching carefully.  They aren't however responding to the
    list; I suggested that would be a Good Idea.

    I don't work for SCO, and this message contains my opinions only. Since I
    don't see a balance here in bugtraq when reports are presented concerning
    SCO, from SCO, I am simply stepping in to say they "hear", respect, and
    respond to reports from this list.

    Best regards,

    David Van Allen - FASTNET(tm) / You Tools Corporation
    daveat_private (888)321-FAST(3278) http://www.fast.net
    FASTNET - Business and Personal Internet Solutions