slocate v1.4

From: klindsay (klindsayat_private)
Date: Sat Oct 24 1998 - 03:38:15 PDT

    Secure Locate v1.4 has been released with a couple of fixes and a few more
    options.

    Some of the major additions were Globbing support (ie *,?,[^]), a bug fix
    which allowed files to be shown in unreadable directories, and made it
    backward compatible with GNU locate 1.4.

    FTP:    ftp://mkintraweb.com/pub/linux/slocate/
    MIRROR: ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pub/unix/security/slocate/

    v1.3 was compiled on:

    HP-UX (ver?)
    AIX 4.1.5.0
    SUN OS 5.6
    FreeBSD

    v1.4 might not as the new features might not be as portable. Your results
    if anyone tries it on these platforms or others would muchly be
    appreciated.

    Thank you to all with your suggestions, I am still working on a few of
    them and will have them implemented in v1.5.

    Cheers, (c:

     | \ | | \ | | Kevin Lindsay                  | Powered By Linux!
     |  \| |  \| | NetNation Communications Inc.  | Web Hosting Services
     | |\  | |\  | http://www.netnation.com/      | Linux Development
     |_| \_|_| \_| klindsayat_private        | System Administration