Re: Service Pack 4 - Issues

From: Aleph One (aleph1at_private)
Date: Tue Oct 27 1998 - 09:02:06 PST

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 23:53:34 -0600
    From: Steve Manzuik <steve.manzuikat_private>
    To: NTBUGTRAQat_private
    Subject: Re: [NTSEC] Service Pack 4 - Issues

    Well, on my tests, with a Compaq laptop (my personal machine).

    I installed SP3 plus the hotfixes especially the LSASS one.  I ran the LSASS
    DoS attack and it did not work on the machine.  I then installed SP4 (40bit)
    on the exact same machine and copy of NT, ran the same LSASS DoS attack and
    it worked.  I have not tried the 128bit SP4 but I assume the results would
    be the same.

    On Monday, I will be back in my office and be able to go to the lab and try
    this on more machines but, I suspect that my findings will be the same.

    I emailed Microsoft two days ago but have not gotten a response as of yet.