Possible mail spool problem

From: signal (sorenat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 18:06:32 PST

    Following installation of suse 5.1, the setup software sets the mail spool
    directory world writable, which has a potential of causing some security
    problems.  although I have checked alot of possible forms of exploiting
    this, there is probably some I have missed.  removing the o+w bit from the
    directory will surely solve the problems.

                                                    signal
                                                    <sorenat_private>