IE 4.x does not appear to save custom security settings

From: John Schultz (jschultzat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 14:10:28 PST

    I reported the following behavior to secureat_private, but they don't
    think it's a problem.  The gist of the problem is that if you use the
    Custom security level in IE 4.x, make some modifications to the settings,
    switch to a different security level (to access a site that required some
    functionality you disabled in the Custom level, such as Java, ActiveX,
    etc.), and then switch back to the Custom level, at least some of the
    settings will have changed.  I could find no indication in help if this is
    the intended behavior, but it could certainly cause problems if you
    thought Javascript was disabled when it wasn't.