Major Explorer 4 java security hole!

From: Aleph One (aleph1at_private)
Date: Mon Nov 09 1998 - 08:57:55 PST

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 05:04:27 +0100
    From: Fabio Ciucci <fabiocat_private>
    To: Russ.Cooperat_private
    Subject: [NTSEC] Major Explorer 4 java security hole!

    TO UNSUBSCRIBE: email "unsubscribe ntsecurity" to majordomoat_private
    Contact ntsecurity-ownerat_private for help with any problems!

    I discovered a Major Explorer 4 security hole!

    From: "DirectDraw bug causes crashes", CNET News.com:

    "This is a denial-of-service problem in that it prevents you from using the
    system," said Microsoft product manager for platform marketing Joe Herman.
    "[Ciucci's] applet is hanging the system, and it's a bug that we need to
    correct.", Herman did not know when Microsoft would issue a patch.

    Here is the info page with a sample:

    http://www.anfyjava.com/iebug/

    Please, publish this and write articles about it.

    Fabio Ciucci

    * Fabio Ciucci, artist & Java programmer
    * http://www.anfyjava.com