Re: another /usr/dt/bin/dtappgather feature!

From: Casper Dik (casperat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 09 1998 - 11:44:12 PST

    >        The problem with DTUSERSESSION was already posted on last
    >        Feb 24; and by then, the "Solaris dtappgather patch" fixed the
    >        DTUSERSESSION but not the link (directory permissions) problem,
    >        which probably is fixed by the other patch on 2.5.x.
    >
    >        So, at least Solaris 2.6 (sparc) with recent patches is not
    >        vulnerable.

    The problem is patched with both the dtappgather and dtlogin
    patches to Solaris 2.5.1/2.6 (and presumably 2.5 as well).

    You need to apply both and restart dtlogin.

    I'm not sure, but you might even need to rm -rf /var/dt before restarting
    dtlogin, but it seems it will fix up the permissions on startup.

    Casper