Re: WWWBoard Vulnerability

From: Samuel Sparling (sparlingat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 10 1998 - 22:56:08 PST

    I'd like to mention that the patch I gave a few days ago (in the "WWWBoard
    Vulnerability" posting), also protects against other bogus followup errors
    (whereas, w/o the patch, somebody using the exploit script, or just a form,
    could post w/ an followup value of for instance "44,blah", and the script
    would create a file called blah.html.) Although the file created when doing
    that is empty, it will not show up in the "WWWAdmin" script, other than
    that, there isn't any problem I've yet found with that.
    Samuel Sparling