Re: Netscape "What's Related" (summary)

From: Soren Spies (scsat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 12 1998 - 11:58:12 PST

    >John Hensley reports that Netscape-4.07 apparently disables WR if it is
    >configured to go through a proxy server. I have not been able to verify
    >this since I do not have a proxy server to test against. Can anyone
    >confirm or refute this?

    Netscape 4.07 under Solaris 2.6, configured to use a local proxy server
    for nonlocal connections (and unfortunately some local ones as well),
    still has a functioning WR.  The connections to www-rf1.netscape.com
    seem to be proxied, however.  So netstat doesn't show any connections
    to www-rf1.  "Smart Browsing" is set to "After First Use."

    -Soren Spies
    scsat_private
    Brown CS Technical Staff