Re: NT DNS hacked ... ?

From: Roberto Jung Drebes (drebesat_private)
Date: Sat Nov 14 1998 - 07:48:09 PST

    On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Sam R. Akhtar wrote:

    > Anyone running MS's DNS notice, overnite or so, their cache files
    > (specifically the root name servers) replaced with a handful of entries for
    > allegro.net ... ?
    >
    > Thanks

    There's a bug in NT DNS that allows this. You have to restart the server
    without the RO attrib in cache.dns and then set the attrib. I haven't
    experienced this, but I've read about a problem just like yours (including
    the allegro.net entry) and this was pointed out as the solution.

    --
    Roberto Jung Drebes <drebesat_private>
    Porto Alegre, RS - Brasil