Re: 'sudo' recommendations

From: Cy Schubert (cschuberat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 18 1998 - 17:06:18 PST

    In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.981118164632.6555C-100000at_private>,
    Brian M
    artin writes:
    > I'd like to thank Mr. Miller for maintaining the 'sudo' package, as well
    > as having the foresight to address the potential security concerns as
    > outlined above.

    You can also issue sudo -k to delete the sudo ticket before running
    something potentially dangerous.

    The problem you discuss is also an issue with Kerberos.  Any potential
    attacker could use cached Kerberos tickets to gain access to hosts,
    services, or privileges.  To circumvent this, kdestroy your Kerberos
    ticket or log in as a different user.

    Open Systems Group          Internet:  Cy.Schubertat_private
    ITSD                                   Cy.Schubertat_private
    Government of BC