Re: Exploitable buffer overflow in bootpd (most unices)

From: Chris Evans (chrisat_private)
Date: Sun Dec 13 1998 - 04:42:21 PST

    On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Willem Pinckaers wrote:

    > We don't know of any unix system that is NOT vulnerable to this problem.
    > Exploit code was tested against linux systems running debian 2.0 (glibc), and
    > debian 1.3, both running bootpd 2.4.3.

    This is old news. I spotted the problem several months ago.

    For a non-vulnerable UNIX system try Redhat-5.2. Regardless, RedHat don't
    enable bootpd by default (dhcp is used).

    Oh, I think OpenBSD fixed this too. One of the few vendors who actually
    take note when you explain there is a security bug.

    Chris