Re: [SecureXpert Labs Advisory SX-98.12.23-01] Widespread DoS

From: Jordan Ritter (jpr5at_private)
Date: Thu Dec 24 1998 - 08:38:07 PST

    Richard Reiner (rreinerat_private) wrote:

    > WARNING: this item is based on early analysis and additional field
    > reports.  The subject matter is still the subject of active research
    > by SecureXpert Labs and others.  Due to the broad scope of the
    > vulnerability described and its active exploitation on the Internet,
    > this early information release is being made.

    I would *hardly* call this an "early information release":

    http://geek-girl.com/bugtraq/1997_4/0398.html
    http://geek-girl.com/bugtraq/1998_1/0507.html
    http://geek-girl.com/bugtraq/1998_2/0037.html
    http://geek-girl.com/bugtraq/1998_2/0055.html

    Even aleph1 responds:

    http://geek-girl.com/bugtraq/1997_4/0401.html

    Jordan Ritter
    Network Security Engineer                        Systems Administrator
    Ring-Zero, Netect, Inc.  Boston, MA       Darkridge Security Solutions