security problem with Royal daVinci

From: Dustin Destree (sigel) (sigelat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 01 1999 - 17:51:05 PST

    ------=_NextPart_000_0050_01BE35AF.4E1C9EC0

    ok, aleph, you told me that when I find a security problem with the =
    daVinci, to let you know, ok here it is:
    the PIM software for the computer (that the daVinci synches with) stores =
    all data in .mdb (MS Access format), and with the PIM software, private =
    records can be set up to require a password, if you use MS Access to =
    read the .mdb files, you can open up the files and get the personal =
    information without requiring any password whatsoever.
    This bug was found by david breslauer, and another avid reader of my =
    daVinci site:
    http://www.quiknet.com/~sigel/davinci
    --
    Dustin Destree
    sigelat_private / sigelat_private

    ------=_NextPart_000_0050_01BE35AF.4E1C9EC0

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>

    http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>ok, aleph, you told me that when I =
    find a=20
    security problem with the daVinci, to let you know, ok here it =
    is:</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>the PIM software for the computer (that the daVinci =
    synches=20
    with) stores all data in .mdb (MS Access format), and with the PIM =
    software,=20
    private records can be set up to require a password, if you use MS =
    Access to=20
    read the .mdb files, you can open up the files and get the personal =
    information=20
    without requiring any password whatsoever.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>This bug was found by david breslauer, and another =
    avid reader=20
    of my daVinci site:</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>http://www.quiknet.com/~sigel/davinci></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>--<BR>Dustin Destree<BR><A=20
    href=3D"mailto:sigelat_private">sigelat_private</A> / <A=20
    href=3D"mailto:sigelat_private">sigelat_private</A><BR>System =
    Administrator=20
    SW Inc / GhettoNET<BR>System Administrator The Static Void=20
    Project</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0050_01BE35AF.4E1C9EC0--