Re: Keeping any up-to-date?

From: Ciaran Deignan (Ciaran.Deignanat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 15 1999 - 01:24:03 PST

    On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Randolf-Heiko Skerka wrote:

    > On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 09:46:02AM +0000, John RIddoch wrote:
    > > To carry on the thread of keeping Solaris patched, I wrote a script to
    > > automatically update a systems patches overnight via cron.
    >
    > Great work. But are things like that available for other OSes (I´m thinking
    > of AIX, HP-UX, CISCO IOS[?] and so on)?

    For AIX, Bull has a check tool that verifies that PTFs corresponding to
    security problems have been installed. The tool is called "bull_check",
    and is available from www-frec.bull.com (click on "download").

    By default it checks for Year2000 PTFs, give it the option "security"
    to check for security things.

    I have a script to automatically download the missing PTFs from
    the Bull PTF server, if anybody's interested.

    Bye
    Ciaran

    Ciaran Deignan                                Tel: (France) 04 76 29 79 92
    BULL XS-BU (http://www-frec.bull.com)      Internet Support Project Leader

    Office:  C1/012                                         Bullcom: 229 79 92
    Mail to: C1/023 or Ciaran.Deignanat_private                  Fax: 229 76 89