Re: Secuity hole with perl (suidperl) and nosuid mounts on Linux

From: Ollivier Robert (robertoat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 02:13:24 PST

    According to Jan B. Koum:
    >              nosuid Do not allow set-user-identifier or
    >              set-group-identifier bits to take effect.  Note: this option
    >              is worthless if a public available suid or sgid wrapper like
    >              suidperl(1) is installed on your system.

    As I saif to Jan on freebsd-security, I submitted a patch to perl5-porters
    before 5.004_04 but it was not included in the mainstream Perl because
    1. it was too close to release and 2. it was FreeBSD-specific.

    The fix to this bug/feature has been incorporated in FreeBSD's perl5 port
    and in the /usr/src/contrib-uted version of Perl since before 2.2.7 so
    FreeBSD users neeed not to worry about that.
    --
    Ollivier ROBERT -=- Eurocontrol EEC/TS -=- Ollivier.Robertat_private
    The Postman hits! The Postman hits! You have new mail.