Re: Checking for most recent Solaris Security Patches

From: Anthony C . Zboralski (aczat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 08:31:46 PST

    >Stany (stanyat_private) wrote:
    >In my experience there is always a patch that have not been applied ;-)
    >I have not applied prtdiag patches on some of my machines, even though
    >they are listed as recommended.  Why?  prtdiag is useless on SS10 or SS20,
    >and only seems to apply to newer boxes.

    Well, sun patch reports are quite strange, i remember last year, the syslog
    patch wasn't recommended.
    Now, the ToolTalk patch is recommended for 2.5.1, 2.5.1_x86 and 2.6_x86 but
    not for 2.6. Was it because the public ttdb exploit was only for 2.5.1?
    Little work is needed to make it work on 2.6.
    Too bad for people who blindly install the recommended patch cluster.
    Anyway, i parsed the latest Sun patch report for easy reading and retrieving:
    http://www.hert.org/solaris/patches, i'll add cross links to advisory later.

    --
    Anthony C. Zboralski ED8D8A39 <aczat_private>
    "Truth may seem but cannot be", William Shakespeare