Re: linux crashes irix6.3

From: J.A. Gutierrez (spdat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 11:00:07 PST

    > exporting a cdrom (say /CDROM) from an irix6.3 (gna) box to a linux box
    > (blubb) (SuSE 6.0, kernel 2.0.36) can lead to a crash of the irix box.

        that could be a known bug.
        More generically, if you export an ISO CD-ROM from IRIX 6.2
        and IRIX 6.3 with heaven-knows-what-patches, when the client
        starts reading, the server crashes.

        See
        http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=361461685
        and
        http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=361644108

        for more info

    --
    finger spdat_private for PGP       /              So be easy and free
    .mailcap tip of the day:                   /      when you're drinking with me