Re: Microsoft Critical Updater Security

From: Lucky Green (shamrockat_private)
Date: Sun Jan 24 1999 - 14:15:49 PST

    When I went through the same procedure, Critical Update installed a new
    version of the Critical Update control upon accessing the update site.
    However, it did ask me if I wanted to install it. Perhaps you once clicked
    the "Always trust software from Microsoft Corporation" in the Authenticode
    popup? In that case, code signed by Microsoft might auto-install.

    --Lucky Green <shamrockat_private>
      PGP 5.x  encrypted email preferred

    [...]