ACC Tigris fix: "public" access without logging in

From: Patrik Backstrom (pbat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 02 1999 - 00:49:05 PST

    About a month ago, Robert Thomas <robat_private> reported a bug in the
    ACC Tigris router, where you issue "public access" commands to the Tigris
    from remote, without having to login. I forwarded the mail to some ACC
    technicians. I havn't gotten a reply from them, but when i checked a list
    of fixes, i found:

    #PSR Fixed in 11.1.23.3:
    <snip>
    # 11010:        Security Hole.. Public access without logging in. (Ptherio)
    <snip>

    I tried the bug on a box running 11.1.24, and you can no longer issue
    commands from the login prompt.

    The funny thing is - the 11.1.23.4 software is dated 12/20/98, which means
    the bug was fixed before the post to bugtraq.

    /pb

                [ Boycott Microsoft -- http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]