Re: More oshare testing.

From: Alan Cox (alanat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 13:47:34 PST

    > The ethernet adapter is on a completely different layer from IP, so I
    > doubt the netcard has much to do with the attack.  Also, I notice in the

    Thats an unreasonable claim. It may seem intuitvely true but protocol stacks
    are conceptually layered at best.

    Different cards under NDIS will hand back packets in different ways, with
    several possible packet formats coming back where the frame is a linked list
    of pieces. Since BSD bugs have before now been mbuf pattern related I see no
    reason NDIS<->IP bugs should be different

    Alan