Re: Unsecured server in applets under Netscape

From: Alex Muntada (alexmat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 05 1999 - 16:02:30 PST

    Giao Nguyen wrote:
    [...]
    > The fact that my test was done on a Windows box and others repeated
    > the tests on a Unix platform confirmed that this was not a Windows +
    > Netscape related problem but that it was indeed a Netscape specific
    > thing.
    [...]

    FYI, I've checked some UNIX platforms and Netscape versions:

                           Netscape
            Platform    3.04      4.08
            --------   ----------------
            solaris    worked    worked
            sunos      worked    worked
            Dunix      failed?   worked
            hpux       worked    worked

    (?) Netscape version 3.04 under Digital UNIX didn't show the status
        message "Applet Sapplet running", so I can't be sure that it
        actually run the applet.

    --
    Alex Muntada <alexmat_private>
    www.ac.upc.es/homes/alexm