RPM for RedHat 4.2 incorporating Terence's patch available

Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 13:21:43 PST

    > 	This patch was sent to UW this morning, I am in no way affiliated
    > with them. Hopefully they'll fix the main distribution and fix any other
    > similar holes pine may have (I only looked for this one).

    Terence,

    Thank you very much for making this patch quickly available.  I have
    verified that this patch can be applied to Pine-4.04 (the version of Pine
    that RedHat 5.2 uses by default), and have made both a source and binary
    RPM utilizing this patch for RedHat 4.2 (libc5) systems, available here:

    	http://www.samiam.org/blackdragon
    	ftp://ftp.samiam.org/pub/blackdragon

    If anyone wants to make a RedHat 5.2 RPM, the only things I have done to
    RedHat's RPM is add Terence's patch, comment out RedHat's noflock patch,
    and some major surgery on the glibc patch.  Considering the ease of making
    this RPM, and RedHat's track record of making patches available very
    quickly, I would be surprised if it took RedHat more than 24 hours to make
    a patched Pine available in RPM format.

    Note that FTP users will need to use an FTP client with the ability to
    transfer files with passive FTP.

    - Sam