FakeBo 0.3.1 & nmap

From: Michael (nouseat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 06:50:34 PST

    i portscanned my own linux box and after that i wondered why fakebo didn't
    answered any netbus or bo requests any longer.
    I tried to reproduce the crash and it works, FakeBo stopped again.

    nofx:~ # nmap -sS localhost -p 12345

    Starting nmap V. 2.03 by Fyodor (fyodorat_private, www.insecure.org/nmap/)
    Interesting ports on localhost (127.0.0.1):
    Port    State       Protocol  Service
    12345   open        tcp        unknown

    nofx:~ # nmap -sS localhost -p 12345

    Starting nmap V. 2.03 by Fyodor (fyodorat_private, www.insecure.org/nmap/)
    No ports open for host localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0 seconds

    so it seems a simple tcp SYN stealth port scan causes fakebo 0.3.1 to crash.

    i informed the author of fakebo of this bug.
    so check http://yi.com/home/KosturjakVlatko/fakebo.htm and get the newest
    version!

    cheers,

    Michael