Re: Outlook 98 Security "Feature"

From: KC Smith (kcsmithat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 15:38:33 PST

    This bug has been fixed in Outlook2000.

    The problem had to do with where Outlook got the recipient's email address -
    on the reply note, it already had the email address so it didn't look the
    recipient up in the contacts folder, which is where the cert is stored.

    The official workaround for Outlook98 is as Jason describes below, if you
    reply and then re-select the recipient from your contacts folder, it will
    find the cert and encrypt the mail.

    - KC Smith
    Outlook Test