Re: Security Bug in Bintec Router Firmware (CLID)

From: Pascal Gienger (pat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 23:55:05 PST

    On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 01:19:16PM +0100, Thomas Schmidt wrote:

    > >From firmware revision BOSS V4.8 Release 1, the user could select
    > if the screening indicator is verified and specify the expected value.
    > This can be done for every indiviual number, and is selected by
    > modification of the SNMP configurationtable "dialtable".

    But this still leaves the hole of the same incoming number of
    possible international and national calls open....
    The screening was only one thing (and I corrected this in my routers'
    setup, thanks to Mr Schmidt!). The other thing is the same incoming
    number for (e.g.) +41 1 1234567 and +49 411 1234567, resulting
    both in 4111234567.
    The "numbering type" field is not looked at. ;-) "Numbering plan" should
    always be ISDN for non-modem connections...

    It would be nice if that would be integrated in the future releases
    of the firmware.

    Pascal
    --
    Unix,   Pascal Gienger, Moosstr. 7 /\ 7 .rtssooM ,regneiG lacsaP    xinU
    Networx 78467 Konstanz, pat_private /  \ ed.tenz@p ,znatsnoK 76487 xrowteN