Re: [proftpd-l] root compromise ? (fwd)

From: Dirk Moerenhout (dirkat_private)
Date: Sat Feb 13 1999 - 15:55:28 PST

    Proftpd 1.2.0pre1 is not patched. If it is, then it is very weird that
    there is a patch on the ftp-site for this problem.

    1.2.0pre1 is probably partially patched already and the patch on the
    ftp-site is not made against the currently up 1.2.0pre1. Cause if you
    patch it you will get rejects.

    You should handcode the rejects in to have the result the patch aims at.

    As most hunks of the patch are applied successfully it is very unlikely
    that the result intended with the patch is already implemented in
    1.2.0pre1. So I'd consider it unpatched ...

    Dirk Moerenhout