Re: Lynx /tmp problem

From: Piotr Klaban (maklerat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 15 1999 - 02:31:26 PST

    On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 08:47:00AM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:
    > Juan Diego Bolanos wrote:
    > > I have found a bug in Lynx all versions, except the latest stable
    > > release...
    > >
    > > lynx create temporary files in /tmp in this way....
    >
    > [details of your average /tmp problem snipped].

    Alternatively you could redefine TEMP_SPACE macro in
    userdefs.h before the compilation, from:

    #define TEMP_SPACE "/tmp/"

    to:

    #define TEMP_SPACE "~"

    This could be configuration option perhaps.

    Using /tmp as a temporary directory for files
    downloaded with lynx makes the system
    out of swap space (at least on Solaris where /tmp
    is linked with swap). With many users running
    lynx you could have megabytes of files in /tmp,
    which could be downloaded directly into user
    home directory. Lynx makes temporary files
    for every file it has to download, also for
    huge zip archives.

    Piotr Klaban