lame TOPdesk program encryption

From: dapozza (dapozzaat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 15 1999 - 06:05:52 PST

    Hi all,

    I was just playing with a program called TOPdesk, it's a helpdesk
    program and you have the usual login for normal users and superusers.
    I don't know if this is a Dutch only program.
    It's made with Foxpro and it stores it's loginname and password in a
    subdir DATA with the the filename login.dbf. It's a normal dbase file
    and the password encryption plain sucks.
    Here goes: you take the fist letter of the password, decrease it with
    one letter, you take the second letter of the pass , decrease that one
    with two letters etc ..

    When will they learn...

    Bye

    Sysadmin Van Wijhe verf BV
    - Linux -
    Find out what you've been missing while you've been rebooting Windows NT