Re: [HERT] Advisory #002 Buffer overflow in lsof

From: Vic Abell (abeat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 04:10:47 PST

    I would have appreciated the courtesy of an advance notice
    that this problem had been discovered.  5 minutes after I
    learned of it *third-hand* via DejaNews this patch was
    available and announced to the lsof-l mailing list:

    ftp://vic.cc.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/lsof/patches/4.40/arg.c.patch

    Vic Abell <abeat_private>, lsof author