snap utility for AIX.

From: Larry W. Cashdollar (lwcashdat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 07:17:08 PST

    My friend actually brought this to my attention, the snap command is a diagnostic utlitiy for gathering system information on AIX platforms.
    It can only be executed by root, but it copies various system files into
    /tmp/ibmsupt/
    under /tmp/ibmsupt/general/ you will find the passwd file with cyphertext. The
    danger here is if a system administrator executes snap -a as sometimes requested
    by IBM support  while diagnosing a problem it defeats password shadowing.  I
    would think that snap would create the directory 700 root:root.

    -- Larry