Re: Pingflood attack against Windows98

From: Fabio Bastiglia Oliva (fbolivaat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 16:44:24 PST

    Hello all,

    	As I said before, forgive me, because my english is not so good!
    	I'll make a "Multi-reply" in this email... It's easier ;)
    	Thanks for all the replies!

    James <pyroat_private> wrote:

    > This on a LAN or Internet or both?
    >
    >         I made this test in my LAN.

    -LAN Speed: 10Mbits.
    -NICs (Network Interface Card): 3Com905btx, Genius, Encore & Realtek.
    -Hubs: 3Com Super Stack II.
    -Windows98 Versions: 4.10.1998 (Portuguese and English versions)

    Laurent LEVIER <llevierat_private> wrote:

    > I tried with the French version of Windows 98.
    >
    > when I run ping -l 65000 -f IPaddr.
    >
    > ping refuses. Of course ping -f 65000 is not accepted too.
    >
    > Strange the ping command changes between US & FR version.

            Sorry, I made a mistake when sent the email to Bugtraq. The
    correct command (From Linux Slackware 3.6 Kernel 2.0.36) line is:

                    ping -f -s 65000 IPaddr

    Quantum <fusion77at_private> wrote:

    > I just tried it & had no success at my Win98 dos prompt,

            Try from a linux... I got these results flooding from a
    Linux Slackware 3.6 Kernel 2.0.36...

    Tom Van Riper <tomvat_private>

    > yeah no kidding, the world has known a dialup connection weither it be
    > windows or a unix type operating system, that a small amount of icmp
    > packets will kill the connection for years, thats old stuff.
    > try synfluding on ports 0-65535 for some real fun ;)

            Hehe... But a synflood just made the LAN Communication slower,
    and didn't affected Windows 98 than pingflood affected!

    Tom Van Riper
    Dreamscape Online

    Best Regards
    Fabio Bastiglia Oliva - Diretor