Re: snap on AIX

From: Larry W. Cashdollar (lwcashdat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 02:37:37 PST

    I found that the permissions are set incorrectly for /etc/security/passwd on
    some of our AIX boxes.  This was discovered by the sysadmin then backed up by
    IBM.  My fault.  I should have addressed IBM first before posting to bugtraq. I
    apologize.

    details: (credit to Mr. B Hauber of IBM)

    snap is a shell script which uses cp -p to gather system information. Data from
    /etc/security is gathered between lines 721 - 727.

    -- Larry