Re: Netscape Communicator window spoofing bug

From: Georgi Guninski (guninskiat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 03:44:03 PST

    >Frames or not, this bug was discussed in some detail in the O'Reilly
    >book _Web Security and Commerce_ by Garfinkel and Spafford.  Since its
    >original publication date is June 1997, I think we can assume that this
    >bug has been known for almost two years.

    Excuse my ignorance, but I have not read that book.
    Could you please be more specific for what you mean by "some detail"?
    I would appreciate a quotation and/or example from that book concerning
    window spoofing.
    I am surprised why nobody alerted Netscape and the internet community if
    the bug has been known for almost two years.
    According to Netscape this is a new bug.

    Regards,
    Georgi Guninski