From: Winfried Truemper (winniat_private)
Date: Sun Feb 28 1999 - 13:40:22 PST

Four weeks ago, I asked bugtraq readers about their opinion on Posix.1e.
A summary of all information I got is available under the address
http://www.guug.de/~winni/posix.1e/. I will try to update this page
regulary.

Folks, this subject is so unknown that I did not even get any flames. :-)

A few people asked me, where to get the standards paper. The technical
Editor, Casey Schaufler <caseyat_private> sent me an electronic copy of the
document (5 MB in size). The document and the webpages of the IEEE
clearly state, that I can't make the document available for download
without the permission of the IEEE. So I asked them (and re-asked them),
but did not get a final answer yet.

Robert Watson has set up "a cross-platform mailing list to discuss the
POSIX-related issues and to gather modifications to the draft
to get a more consistent specification".  The subscription-address is
posix1e-requestat_private

Regards
-Winfried

Will Internet-SPAM be legalized in Europe on March, 29th? Prohibit that at
Wird Internet-SPAM am 29. März in Europa legalisiert? Verhindern Sie es unter

                 http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/

   Deine Stimme gegen SPAM! - Votez contre le SPAM! - Vote against SPAM!