Re: 64 Bit Solaris 7 procfs bug

From: Toomas Soome (tsoomeat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 07:08:24 PST

    Hi!

    some more information about this very issue.

    both (32bit,64bit) sparc versions of Solaris 7 can be crashed by
    unprivileged user. /usr/xpg4/bin/more command will trigger the bug. FYI
    I got message from Sun kernel developer team member only minutes after
    my e-mail to bugtraq and after some consultation they were able to
    reproduce bug and find the cause, so expect patch soon.

    intel version of solaris 7 seems to be immune to this bug, however.

    with this, I'd like to close this issue. please send questions about
    this not for me, but Sun :)

    toomas
    --
    "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is
    lightly greased."