Re: Netscape upgrade

From: Georgi Guninski (guninskiat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 11:09:41 PST

    >FYI...
    >
    >Netscape has released version 4.51 of Communicator. It seems to fix the
    >window spoofing bug ( http://www.geek-girl.com/bugtraq/1999_1/0747.html
    ),
    >along with the javascript bugs that can be used to read local files
    from
    >your hard drive. I verifed this by trying the exploits at
    >http://www.whitehats.com/guninski/netscape.html

    Netscape Communicator is a great product. Sure, it has great security
    improvements. I like and use it. But it does not fix all of the exploits
    at http://www.whitehats.com/guninski/netscape.html. I have tested (NC
    4.51 Win95) and had some reports that the exploit
    http://www.whitehats.com/guninski/nsfind.html (or
    http://www.nat.bg/~joro/nsfind.html) still works on Netscape
    Communicator 4.51. I would recommend still disabling JavaScript when
    browsing untrusted sites.

    Excuse me, if I am wrong.

    Regards,
    Georgi Guninski