Re: [Unet-Opers] abuse of nickserv (fwd)

From: danny (dannyat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 18:50:36 PST

    Actually, Undernet IRC went a step further, and voted earlier as a team that
    we would protect the nicknames of select services for dalnet. Every Undernet
    server is required to have a configuration line which disables users from
    being able to use the specified nicknames. It was brought to our attention
    that McLean.va* was missing this configuration lines, and it has been notified
    and requested to add it promptly.

     When this is fully in place, it will not be possible to use the restricted
    nicknames on an Undernet server. thus much more effective then trying to
    use a pseudo client or fake bot to jupe the nickname.

    	Danny Mitchell.
            Undernet Services Developer. <WildThangat_private>

    Scott Fendley was known to have stated:

    --
                  DannyM  -- http://www.chatsystems.com/danny/resume.html

    Mouse Potato: The on-line, wired generation's answer to the couch potato.